Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Conquering San Francisco

Hey guys! So today I thought I would make a post about an amazing place I've visited. As I was stuck for ideas late last night, I saw a photo from a place I've been and instantly thought of how cool it would be to share about it. So I'll be talking about my wonderful trip to San Francisco.


I don't really know what it was about San Francisco that amazed me. Although, coming from a particularly small town probably has something to do with it. Everywhere I looked, I saw someone, or someplace, that looked intriguing. While we were only there for a couple days, we managed to get in a lot of sight-seeing.


I'll start with one of the most obvious places first: the Golden Gate Bridge. At first, I couldn't understand why some people wanted to see a big red bridge. Then I saw it, and all I could think of was how much taller it was than me. This bridge is absolutely massive. It looked so intimidating, but so grand at the same time. It was probably one of my favorite places on the tour we went on.


Something I really enjoyed about the city itself was the atmosphere. The whole time we were there, it felt very lively. Everyone seemed so interesting. There were musicians lined up on every street, and every couple steps you walked, the music changed completely. I also loved the street art. I've always thought street art to be cool, as it felt so out of place and unique to me. As it was all over the city, I never missed a chance to take a picture of a mural.


While we only saw it for about five seconds, we got to pass by the house in Full House. I don't know why I felt the need to mention that, but I use to wake up at an ungodly hour just to watch the show. So seeing it brought back a wave of nostalgia.


We got to enjoy a walk from Pier 1 all the way down to infamous Pier 39. I'll have to admit that I was most excited about seeing the seals outside some of the docks. They were so funny to me!


I got the chance to visit the Grace Cathedral, which I was thrilled about. I've always loved looking at stained glass windows, so I was constantly breaking my neck to gawk at the amazing windows. That aside, the church itself was very beautiful. You can tell so much thought went into the build.


All in all, San Francisco was a culturally-shocking place to visit. It was like I was in a different world from my own, and I'd love to visit it again one day. I hope you enjoyed reading about my travels as much as I enjoy writing about them. I would've included pictures, but the device that has them all isn't cooperating with my computer.



Feel free to post about any cool places you've visited, I'd love to hear about them!




Sincerely, AmeriChick

No comments:

Post a Comment