Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Blog


Hello! As its New Years' Day, I've decided to start the year by doing something that makes me very nervous, and that's starting this blog. I've always been scared to say anything publically on the internet due to the fact that anyone, in any place in the world, could read what I have to say, and that anyone could judge me.



The thing is, I've read lots of posts saying that blogging has helped them gain confidence, self-esteem, and that it's a place they feel safe saying whatever they want. I will definitely be the first to admit that I am extremely shy in front of people I don't know. Whenever I walk into a classroom and see so many kids staring at me frightens me to the point where I don't say a single word all class period. On top of that, I always have trouble saying what I really feel about things, causing me to bottle up my emotions and let them build up until I fall apart. I'd like for both of those things to change. 
So after almost a year of being on-the-fence, I've decided to put on my big girl pants and actually write my first blog post.
About every week or two, I will post about something I love, whether that be about a media, technology, culture, or anything of the sort. I hope you will enjoy the posts as much as I love composing them. 

Sincerely, AmeriChick

No comments:

Post a Comment